Nanoracks is a leading provider of access to space for customers around the world and the first to operate a commercial laboratory in low-earth orbit. The company has launched more than 1,300 payloads to the International Space Station, including missions for domestic and international education institutions, research organizations, government entities and commercial companies.
Our U.S. National Lab facilities provide turnkey opportunities and a broad solution set for microgravity initiatives. Inside the ISS, Nanoracks can host plug-and-play ‘NanoLabs’, which are flexible research modules that meet the CubeSat requirements for inside the Space Station. Outside the ISS, the Nanoracks External Platform (NREP), has been in use since 2016. This facility provides power and a data connection and enables payloads to operate in the harsh space environment.
In 2020, Nanoracks delivered the Bishop airlock to the ISS – the first permanent, commercial airlock for the station. Bishop increases the volume that can be moved in and out of the ISS by more than 5x and can host payloads both internally and externally with capabilities not previously available on the ISS.
Capabilities in Detail
- Three Nanolab Platforms
- Nanoracks Plate Reader
- Nanoracks External Platform (NREP)
- Nanoracks Microscope-3
- Nanoracks MixStix
- Nanoracks ‘Black Box’ Science Box
- Nanoracks Zero-G Kitchen Oven
- Bishop Airlock Payload Hosting
- Nanoracks CubeSat Deployer (NRCSD)
Full Spectrum of Capabilities for Small Payloads:
Nanoracks provides everything you need to conduct repeatable microgravity research on the Space Station, and very soon, beyond.
- 20 years of space program experience
- Partnerships with payload integration organizations
- Full-service NASA safety system
Extensive Interaction/Experience with:
- NASA Payloads Office
- NASA Safety
- NASA MOD
- Interface Control
- Document Generation
- Full-Service Verification Capabilities
- Experts at minimizing verification waste
- Commercial Projects on the ISS