Join the International Space Station (ISS) U.S. National Laboratory team and help enable science in space to improve life on Earth.
The ISS is a state-of-the-art space-based laboratory that enables research not possible on Earth. As an ISS National Lab team member, you will help support investigators from all over the United States who are using this unique scientific platform for innovative research and development. Although we may not yet know the most important discovery to be gained from the ISS, we have already achieved many amazing breakthroughs.
Current Career Opportunities
- Operations Project ManagerHouston, Texas or Merritt Island, Florida
This position oversees, coordinates, and manages the operational and logistical aspects of CASIS-sponsored International Space Station (ISS) research payloads and other projects, as assigned. The position develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem-solving, when required. Supports and coordinates planning, scheduling, budgeting, implementation, and payload integration from preflight to postflight. This position will maintain direct principal investigator (researcher) and customer interface on significant issues needing technical guidance, redirection, and/or resolution and establish processes and schedules that best support the on-time completion of both new and ongoing projects.
- Provide customer service and serve as liaison between principal investigators, commercial entities, Implementation Partners, NASA points of contact, and CASIS functional areas.
- Support potential ISS National Lab principal investigators in the development of proposals by utilizing the Implementation Partner Portal.
- Conduct operations feasibility reviews and value impact reviews on behalf of the Payload Operations department.
- Provide project management and oversight to support the development and implementation of spaceflight projects to the ISS.
- Assist in the development of experiment-related documents as well as other payload products that are required for technical integration of payload hardware and/or other materials to be flown to the ISS.
- Participate in NASA meetings in support of payload integration activities.
- Review the status of projects, manage schedules, and conduct technical meetings on behalf of the Director of Payload Operations.
- Support and attend technical conferences and outreach events, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in management or equivalent degree in engineering or sciences, others considered based on professional experience
- Demonstrated experience in payload integration, payload operations, and research planning is required
- A minimum of five years direct work experience in a project development capacity in a related discipline or industry
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately with a wide range of people
- Accuracy and attention to detail, good organization and prioritization skills
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed balanced with the ability to work with cross-functional teams on projects
- Experience with flight hardware and research projects
- Able to travel occasionally
About the ISS National Lab
The Center for the Advancement of Science in Space (CASIS) is the manager of the ISS National Lab. CASIS is a qualified 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization and is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.
We manage the International Space Station National Laboratory as a public service in order to benefit the U.S. taxpayer and to foster a scalable and sustainable low Earth orbit economy. We leverage our core competencies, facilitate public-private partnerships, and utilize the platform capabilities and unique operating environment of the space station. We create demand, incubate in-space business ventures, provide access for and awareness of discovery science and technological innovation, and promote science literacy of the future workforce.
Start your future now. For more information, please send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.