The purpose of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to solicit project concepts that propose use of the ISS National Laboratory for investigations in the field of industrial biomedicine. Investigators associated with any U.S.-based institution (academic, government, commercial, or nonprofit) may propose ISS National Laboratory flight experiments to enable biomedical advancements with a defined pathway for translation from scientific research to industrial or clinical applications, such as new therapeutics, medical procedures, or diagnostic devices.
Proposed flight experiment types may include but are not limited to:
- Translational or applied research within the medical, biotechnology, biophysics, or pharmaceutical sectors that leverages and advances known science as part of product development.
- Biotechnology design, demonstration, development, and testing with direct terrestrial applications or applications within long-term spaceflight R&D programs that support terrestrial advancements in healthcare or biomedical research.
- Fundamental biomedical investigations to establish clear parameters regarding the effects of microgravity within R&D areas with expected market demand for long-term spaceflight R&D programs.
This RFP will follow a two-step proposal submission process. Before being invited to submit a full proposal, all interested investigators must first complete and submit for review a Step 1 Concept Summary.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
View frequently asked questions regarding RFP 2019-3.
View informative webinar videos regarding RFP 2019-3.
Step 1.1: Download RFP 2019-3 and Required Step 1 Forms
The deadline to submit Concept Summaries has passed.
Step 2.1: Download Step 2 Required Forms (Invitation Only)
This Request for Proposals is no longer accepting new applications but is open to applicants invited to submit a Step 2 Proposal in Submission Period C.
The ISS National Laboratory will notify all offerors of the review results of their Step 1 Concept Summary.
Download Step 2 Required Forms
Full proposal development periods for invited Step 2 Full Proposals:
- Submission Period A: 09/30/2019 - 01/27/2020
- Submission Period B: 01/15/2020 - 04/15/2020
- Submission Period C: 05/01/2020 - 08/03/2020
Step 2.2: Full Proposal Submission
If you were invited to submit a Step 2 Full Proposal, upload your submission by pressing the "Click to Submit" button below. Please convert your document to a PDF prior to uploading.
Thank you for your interest in conducting research on the ISS National Laboratory! For questions regarding this solicitation, please contact info@ISSNationalLab.org.
** Please verify that none of the information submitted is subject to the export control laws of the United States, such as the EAR or the ITAR; if any information is subject to such laws, please mark all pages containing such information and identify the appropriate export control jurisdiction and classification. **