Cofounder and CEO
DreamUp PBC is a public-benefit corporation that offers space-based educational and media services. DreamUp is a spin-off and sister company of NanoRacks LLC, a private company that develops products and offers services for the commercial utilization of space.
DreamUp is building an educational community where space-based research and learning opportunities are available to all students, especially K-12 students and undergraduates. DreamUp counts among its successes all the student experiments that use NanoRacks launch services and on-orbit facilities. These include experiments flown by the Student Spaceflight Experiments Program and the National Design Challenge competition. In 2017, DreamUp also flew a suborbital payload for a Montessori school on Blue Origin’s New Shepard space vehicle.
As a part of the DreamUp community, students have the chance to:
- Conduct their own research in space, both on the International Space Station and in suborbital space
- Have access to cutting-edge space-based curricula
- Witness rocket launches through the myLAUNCH program
- Participate in contests that send winning experiments to space
- Interact with astronauts, engineers, and space professionals
In 2018, DreamUp is partnering with Xtronaut on a Kickstarter project to create educational kits that let learners replicate Space Station experiments at home or in the classroom, then compare their data to ISS data accessed through an online portal.