|Focus Areas:||Commercial Service Providers, Physical Sciences, Remote Sensing, Technology Development|
Teledyne Brown Engineering (TBE) offers unsurpassed expertise in the entire payload operations and integration process. The company has proudly supported NASA’s efforts for over 30 years in areas ranging from payload concept development through hardware fabrication, physical and analytical integration and software development. TBE has also provided well over 100,000 continuous hours of real-time science operations support to the International Space Station community since NASA’s Payload Operations Integration Center became operational in February 2001.
Teledyne is developing the Multi-User System for Earth Sensing (MUSES), an earth-observing, precision pointing platform for deployment and full operations onto the ISS. Launching January 17, MUSES will host up to four instruments simultaneously and offer the ability to change, upgrade and robotically service those instruments. Teledyne’s TeleScience Support Center (TSC) will provide instructions for platform pointing, instrument operations, and data downlink, as well as data processing and archiving.
- Analytical and Physical Payload integrator
- Hardware Designer, Developer and Manufacturer
- Real-time Science Operations Support
- Teledyne Owned TeleScience Support Center
- Multi-User System for Earth Sensing (MUSES)
Research Support Services:
- Requirements Definition
- Mission Planning and Integration
- Safety and Requirements Verification
- Command and Data Handling
- Payload Integration and Interface Testing
- Crew and Ground System Personnel Training
- Flight Operations Products and Certification of Flight Readiness (CoFR)
- Flight Operations Control and Execution
- Teledyne TeleScience Center
Labs, Shops & Test Facilities:
Our Huntsville fabrication and assembly facilities covers over 550,000 square feet to provide a wide array of capabilities for hardware manufacturing and testing. Our facilities include a fully equipped machine shop, electrical/electronic assembly area, sheet metal and welding shops, laser cutters, a paint booth, NDE inspection equipment, clean rooms and controlled storage.