|Focus Areas:||Commercial Service Providers, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Technology Development|
For more than 30 years, Techshot has been developing and operating research and manufacturing equipment in space for its institutional and industrial customers.
Find out Who, or What is Techshot?
If you don’t see what you need here, let’s talk. Many more technologies for research in space are in various stages of development by Techshot.
Analytical Containment Transfer Tool (ACT2)
- Safe doubly-contained sample transfers to orbit, from orbit, and between equipment in space
- Freezable down to -80°C
- Standard Luer connector
Advanced Space Experiment Processor (ADSEP)
- Cell culturing—includes the only space-based rotating wall bioreactor available
- Tissue engineering
- C. elegans research
- Macromolecular crystal growth
- Bacteria research
- Protein crystal growth
- Squid research
- Your research with ~ 2,300 – 3,000 cc of volume, an empty cassette could be your blank canvas for whatever is important to you. Multiple cassettes can be processed per mission.
3D BioFabrication Facility (BFF)
- BFF is a space-based biomanufacturing platform capable of printing with live human and animal cells.
- Contains a Z-tower with multiple print heads and a bioreactor on the X-Y print stage.
- Once printed, cells are matured into tissue in ADSEP.
Find our more here: https://youtu.be/YFg4Zi_AV
Bone Densitometer – the Only DXA Scanner in Space
- Rodent research up to 30 grams
- Fish and other animals
Multi-use Variable-gravity Platform (MVP) – Dual Centrifuges Simultaneously Providing 0-2g Each
- Cell culturing (adherent and suspended)
- Tissue Engineering
- Tissue Chips
- Cement research
- Custom Solutions
Passive Orbital Nutrient Delivery System (PONDS)
- Passive plant growth devices
- Good for crops such as tomatoes and lettuce
- Used inside NASA Veggie plant growth chambers onboard the International Space Station
- Access to space: total mission management, we take care of everything for you.
- Turnkey professional spaceflight equipment development.
- Crew training and spaceflight integration services (your hardware or ours, we’ll get it up there).
- On orbit experiment monitoring and management via our payload operations control center.